All Priests, Religious and Lay Faithful of
The Archdiocese of Bhopal

Greetings of Peace to you in the name of Jesus !

The Archdiocese of Bhopal has already stepped into the 5oth Year. By any standard fifty years is a long time in the life of an individual or an institution. Important as its span may be, the exercise of stock taking of the past and planning for charting a new course is inbuilt in the joyful celebrations of this great event. That is what we as the Archdiocesan Family plan to do in the Jubilee year.

If we trace the history of our Archdiocese, the overall picture that evolves, is one of selfless and dedicated service of many, namely the two former Archbishops - the late Eugene D' Souza and Archbishop Emeritus Pascal Topno, -as well as a number of Priests, Religious men and women and Lay faithful who have pooled in their spiritual and temporal resources to build up the Archdiocese as it is today

     The history of the Catholic Church in Bhopal goes back to 1785, when Salvador Bourbon, a descendant of the French Royal Catholic Family of the Bourbons, came to Bhopal to work for the reigning Begum Mamola at Bhopal. In 1829 Bhopal was officially a part of Agra Vicariate. It was Bishop Hartmann OFM. Cap., who is in a very real sense the founder of the Church of Bhopal. In 1873 he acquired a plot of land from the Muslim Ruler of Bhopal and built the first little Church, which, in 1964 became the Cathedral of the newly erected Archdiocese of Bhopal.
भोपाल महाधर्मप्रान्त का इतिहास
Programmes & Events
Golden Jubilee Year
Messages
Circular (06 Oct 2010)
October 2010
Archbishop’s Message
September 2010

Music

BHOPAL ARCH DIOCESE
Website Designed & Managed By
ADONAI TECHNOLOGIES